Friday, March 28, 2014

Easy Pear Sauce

Vegan

I often make applesauce 'coz it's so darn easy and if you're doing healthy baking, it'll often show up in a recipe to cut down on the amount of oil. Pretty much any fruit puree will do in my experience (these Fudgy Brownies turned out delish with a medley of stewed fruit) and of course are delicious on their own with a spoon, on toast, pancakes, oatmeal, yogurt...

Anyway, we indulged our expat experience recently with a big box of baby Honey Bell pears from Costco, from New Zealand and as they were starting to soften en masse, I browsed again for a pear sauce recipe. Here is a winner - simple, delicious, and it's got my favorite spices. I made it in our Turtle (the slow cooker) but you don't have to - it only takes about 30 minutes on the stove.

I'm getting lazy with taking photos recently... other people just do such a good job!
 Pic and recipe both from Two Peas and Their Pod

No comments:

Post a Comment