Saturday, October 25, 2014

Middle Eastern Mezze Platter

Lacto-veg (omit yogurt in tahini dressing for vegan)











We recently went to Singapore and stocked up on all manner of spices at the super fun shopping excursion of a mall called Mustafa Center.

While most spices were Indian, we also picked up some za'atar. I later realized this was the stuff from my memories of the streets of Montreal in the wee hours after the bars as I picked out some Lebanese pizzas with this liberally sprinkled on top. (Note: I guess it's technically a flatbread called mannakish za'atar and I should make it sometime, too.)

Source: theKitchn

























When I happened upon some Italian eggplants (plumper, much rarer in Taipei than the skinny long Chinese variety) it seemed it was high time for a Middle Eastern-inspired dinner. I based this on this roasted za'atar eggplant recipe and made chappatis for the first time to go with. Delish!


No comments:

Post a Comment